- Module 1
Handling the news
Worksheet: How did this happen?
- Module 2
Processing what happened
Worksheet: Dissecting why you were let go
- Module 3
Starting your job search
Worksheet: Ready for a new job checklist
Worksheet: Create an outreach list
- Module 4
Getting to the next stage of your career
Worksheet: Create your own narrative
Worksheet: Make a great impression & craft a message
You're fired: a guide to moving on after losing your job
How to move on and have an amazing career after being let go
Okay, so let's get one thing straight: being fired or laid off from your job sucks.
It's confusing, shocking, and disorienting to have a job today and to not have that job tomorrow. Whether you saw it coming or not, it's a terrible feeling. This guide isn't here to sugarcoat the situation or pretend that a bad situation isn't difficult.
What this guide will do, though, is show you how to process being let go from a job and how to move forward to find a new job in spite of current setbacks.
From the career experts at Popforms, this content & worksheet bundle has the information and answers you need to get back on your feet, by outlining important topics and actionable strategies for things like:
- understanding why you were let go - was it the economy? were you not well suited for the role? did you make an irreparable mistake?
- refocusing your career path on roles where you *can* be successful, whether that means switching industries, finding a new specialty, or improving your own attitude or performance issues
- how to begin a career search post-firing
- crafting a narrative to tell future hiring managers that doesn't make your layoff look like a bad thing
- starting anew on a career path that works for you
In addition to in-depth actionable content, each chapter of this comprehensive guide comes with free worksheets you can use to turn advice into action. Not only are these worksheets beautifully designed, but they have targeted questions to help you identify your best solutions and helpful charts to help you organize your career data and next steps.
After all, you need more than ideas -- you need a plan. When you're ready to get your career back on track, this guide is the first step you need.
Don't let getting fired be the defining moment in your career. Take this opportunity to learn more, refocus, and get the tools you need to be truly successful in your next role and every future role.